We're sorry this event is now closed and unfortunately we cannot accept walkins.
Twitter for Learning Professionals
Twitter brings people closer to what’s important to them.
Every day, millions of people turn to Twitter to connect to their interests, to share information, and find out what's happening in the world right now.
Over a billion Tweets are sent every three days, representing conversations related to almost any topic imaginable – including hundreds of topics related to Learning and Development (L&D), such as #Leadership #elearning #employeengagement #Learning, #edtech… and more! And like LinkedIn, there are professional conversations and groups on Twitter centered on Organizational Development, Instructional Design, E-learning and Training and Development. The difference is these conversations are short and sweet, and often instant and live.
Have you ever wanted to attend a conference, but budget and time were constraints? Another advantage of Twitter is the ability to learn from live sessions without the hassle of going through TSA, packing luggage or taking time off work and being away from your family. With Twitter, you can access conference information where ever you are.
I’ve been on Twitter and I’ve never seen all this - Prove it!
We will! In this 2-hour workshop, you will:
- Set up and/or personalize your professional Twitter account
- Find and link to professional resources on Twitter to begin building your Personal Learning Network
- See how social media dashboards, such as HootSuite, can help manage your Twitter account
- Use hashtags, and see how lists and chats can focus your Tweet-stream
- Get hands on practice with Twitter: send tweets to a waiting group of live L&D professionals, and get instant replies!
Expand your learning and professional network to the ends of the internet!
Through Twitter you can expand your learning network beyond your organization, beyond the chapter, to around the world! Get started with this 2 hour workshop.
Did you know?
ASTD-Orange County has begun live-tweeting our Monthly Learning Events, and has plans to include SIG meetings and workshops. We will show you how to follow and participate in these Twitter conversations during the workshop as well.
What you’ll need:
To get the most out of this session, please bring:
- A laptop, tablet or smart phone that can access the internet (internet access will be available onsite)
- Something to write your private notes in, including your new Twitter handle (user name) and account information.
- A photo ID for entrance to the building
When you arrive:
Check in at the entrance by the flagpoles, show your picture ID to security and ask for Tom Porter. The workshop will be in the Ichiban Room.
About your facilitator:
Coline is an L&D consultant and has worked with individuals and businesses to establish and maintain a meaningful and profitable presence on the Internet. She has coached many L&D professionals to help them create and grow their learning and professional network through Twitter.
Coline is social media “Networker” on Twitter. She has leveraged the power of social media to develop her many L&D skills and make powerful connections to other professionals in the field.