Desired Qualifications of a Successful Candidate:
- REQUIRED: Must be a member in good standing of the ATD-Orange County Chapter at the time of nomination.
- Preferred (not required): Chapter membership for at least six months at the time of the nomination.
- Have taken an active role on a chapter committee or project in the last two years.
- Have management or supervisory experience.
- The candidate should be interested in developing his or her leadership skills, which will include the recruiting, mentoring, and supervising a team of chapter volunteers.
The Leadership Recruitment Committee will contact everyone who is nominated to verify their interest and ability to hold an office next year. So, even if you aren’t quite sure about what you’re getting yourself into, complete the form and talk with the committee.
General information about serving on the Board:
- All Board members must be a member in good standing of the ATD-Orange County Chapter.
- All Board members must also maintain membership in ATD National during their term. (There is a discounted rate for leadership.)
- The role of President-Elect is a three-year commitment (President-Elect, President, and Past-President).
- All other Board positions have a term of one year.
- It is recommended that each Board member serve more than one consecutive term in the same role.
- Board terms officially begin on January 1, but newly elected board
members will begin collaborating and training with current board members
immediately after the election.
- All individuals who serve in a Board position are expected to attend (most of) the monthly board meetings and as many chapter meetings as possible.
- Each Board Member works with and leads a committee of volunteers to help them meet their goals.
- Goals are set at an annual Board Transition Workshop, which includes the annual budgeting process.
Board Job Descriptions